POWER SKATING & SKILLS PROG Read more [...]
Ice Hockey Listing Category: Camp/Clinic
SPECIALIZED GOALIE PROGRAM – BOY’S AND GIRL’S – KELOWNA
July 13 – 17, 2020
Ages 7 – 14
20 Hours total on-ice Monday to Friday. 3 Hours on-ice daily
2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon
- Instruction from Dallas Stars Goaltending coach Jim Bedard
- Goalies are grouped on-ice according to age and skill in groups of 3 or 4
- Program runs 8 am to 5 pm daily Monday to Friday
- Practices involve 8 teaching stations with individual skills taught at each station. All skills will be taught including stance, angles, glove saves, rebounds, skate saves, stick saves, poke check, puck handling, passing, setting puck for defencemen, closing 5-hole, butterfly and attitude.
- Whole-ice game-like situation will be taught and practiced, i.e. 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s, 3 on 2s. During these drills the goalies will be taught positioning.
- Special features include screen board, mirror board and angle ropes.
Off-ice training and recreation includes:
- NEW H2O Waterpark afternoon excursion included
- 1 hour off-ice circuit training sessions
- 1 hour recreation
- Daily lecture
- Free daily lunch
- Free official hockey camp jersey
- Group sizes are limited
- NEW Optional AK Treadmill Training at CNC
2020 Cost: $515.00 CDN funds plus G.S.T (5%)